Appeal – Costs Ruling of Appeals Tribunal dated 27 September 2021 – Daniel Laing
COSTS RULING OF APPEALS TRIBUNAL
Dated this 27th day of September 2021
1. By a decision dated 14 September 2021 the Tribunal ordered that the disqualification of Mr Laing be reduced from two years to 15 months and that such disqualification was to commence on 18 October 2021.
2. Counsel were requested to file submissions upon the issue of costs.
3. By paragraphs 6.1 and 6.2 of its decision of 14 September 2021 the Tribunal indicated that it was minded not to award costs inter partes and further that some contribution might be made to the costs incurred by the Racing Integrity Board.
4. Counsel have filed a brief and helpful joint Memorandum. This accepts that no costs should be awarded inter partes and acknowledges that some contribution towards the costs of the Racing Integrity Board is appropriate.
5. The Tribunal accepts that there will be no costs awarded inter partes. As to some contribution towards the costs of the Racing Integrity Board an appropriate figure is $400.00 to be paid by each party and this is a Ruling to that effect.
DATED this 27th day of September 2021
Signed pursuant to Rule 73 of the NZ Greyhound Rules of Racing
Decision Date: 27/09/2021
Publish Date: 27/09/2021